CRISPED EGG SANDWICH
- 4 milk buns
- 2 ounces aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- Halve the rolls and sprinkle both sides with the shredded cheese. Place under the broiler just until toasted and cheese is melted.
- For the salad, place the arugula in a medium bowl. Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the leaves, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Split the arugula between the four buns.
- In a medium skillet, add the olive oil and butter and heat over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan. Cook until the whites are opaque and the yolks develop a light film over the top. You can turn down the heat if the eggs are starting to cook to quickly on the whites, and you can also spoon the hot oil and butter over the top of the yolk to add in cooking. If preferred, just flip your eggs and serve them over-easy instead.
- Place eggs on the toasted rolls on top of the dressed arugula. Return the pan to the heat and increase to medium-high. Add in the prosciutto and cook just until crisp. Remove pan from the heat and add prosciutto to the sandwich. Top each sandwich with the second half of the buns and serve immediately.